On our first trip to Lebanon we would go to the home of our newlywed friends in Roumieh. I LOVED to go to Roumieh. Antelias is hot, crowded, and noisy. Air conditioning is pointless because you spend half the day on generator and they can't handle a/c. Roumieh is just far enough up to be a different world.
I would regularly see clouds and just be sure that rain was on the way. But I was always reminded that it doesn't rain in Lebanon from June til September.
There have been a few exceptions. A few weeks before we evacuated it poured for about 5 minutes...just long enough for me to drag my drying racks in from the terrace. Or maybe the odd 5 minutes some afternoon.
This morning, about an hour before we get up for camp, I heard rain. A LOT of rain. And it didn't just rain for 5 minutes. It rained a really good rain for about half an hour! Whoohoo!
Except for yesterday a.m. it's been hot this week. Even in our town which is usually a lot more comfy until the hot part of day. Even mornings were warmer than I care for. But today was heavenly!
Unfortunately water games at camp were cancelled due to rain. LOL
1 comment:
water games were cancelled due to rain? LOL! That's so weird... Yay for rain!
Post a Comment