Friday, April 15, 2011

Peace and Quiet


Today is the first day all week that I haven't had a child home sick from school. Two trips to the doctor this week. The Diva was home first with strep throat and went back to school yesterday. The Boss was sick and I took him in to be sure he hadn't caught it as well. Turns out he has either a bad cold or allergies. He really didn't want to go back today but he had no fever or any other symptom that would require him to stay home. Plus he has a dance tonight that he bought a ticket for and I know he wouldn't want to miss it.

Today I did do some organization in my room, shredding a lot of old bills, receipts and stuff and am spending the afternoon knitting and watching "The Lion in Winter", one of my favorite movies. I love the old one and the new. Today it's the newer version I checked out from the library though I do have the old one on VHS somewhere around here.

Sunday the Boss will be confirmed. Tomorrow we're off to find him a white dress shirt to wear under his robe. He needs to finish his essay (wonder if he's even started it yet...hmmm) and I need to find some pictures for the luncheon. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Debbie Haughland Chan said...

Kate Middleton was confirmed today, in preparation for her marriage to Prince William. Just a piece of useless knowledge that your post made me think of.

Mary said...

I remember seeing that movie 40 years ago, in Germany, in German, and not understanding a word of it!