My oven has bit the dust. We're debating between replacing it with a newer one we have at our place (came with a food truck we bought). It's relatively new, compared to ours, and hardly ever used (according to the previous owner). Theoretically it should be fine. It would also give me 4 working burners, whereas now I have only 2. For now I'm using my bread machine. I use it for dough to save time but bake in a bread pan so I get the shape I prefer. However, It's a good back up for a non functioning oven as well. I've switched to entirely whole wheat bread. The last couple of been unusable. But I was using hard red wheat flour and that's very dense. Today I'm trying white wheat, which should be lighter and easier. We'll see...
This week I picked up our first share from a CSA. I made spinach stew last night (recipe coming later) to serve over brown rice. It was yummy. The Little Prince ate his with no complaining, though he's requested fatayer with spinach. But that require baking so not happening soon.
I also have golden beets, green leaf lettuce, arugula, carrots, sweet potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, and squash. Yum!
This week I picked up our first share from a CSA. I made spinach stew last night (recipe coming later) to serve over brown rice. It was yummy. The Little Prince ate his with no complaining, though he's requested fatayer with spinach. But that require baking so not happening soon.
I also have golden beets, green leaf lettuce, arugula, carrots, sweet potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, and squash. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment