Thursday, July 9, 2009

You know you're in Lebanon if...

When we lived here 4 years ago I got a cell phone. Whenever I called anyone and got a message of some kind (their phone was turned off, I had so many credits left, etc.) I'd get the message in Arabic, French, & English. Other than having to wait for the English part, it was fine.

Alfa has changed it now so that the messages are only in Arabic and you have to call a number to change your menu language to English. OK, fine, I'll do that. Oh, wait. One problem. I don't speak Arabic!

There are 3 numbers I can call for various services from my cell provider. Two of them are free. One you pay to call. The two that are free have their menu options in Arabic, French, and English. The one that you pay to call is only in Arabic. Guess which one you call to change your menu to English?

If I spoke Arabic I wouldn't need to change my menu to English. Gotta Alfa Active!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Maybe it's time to start learning the local language! Good luck.

Nicole said...

Hahaha that's funny!