It took a while, but THIS article seems to indicate a move in the right direction. But will they be able to back it up or just talk about it?
I've finished Because They Hate by Bridget Gabriel. Now I'm reading The Complete Infidel's Guide to the Koran by Robert Spencer of Jihad Watch. I highly recommend both. Spencer is very straight-forward in his assessment of the Koran and doesn't put it down or speak disrespectfully of it. However, that doesn't count among those who tolerate nothing that would deny its authority, but it's not written for them. It's written for us so we don't have to drag ourselves through it. As he points out, while it may be an excellent example of Arabic poetry, it loses quite a bit of that in the translation, making it rather difficult to get through. Also it's not organized in any particular order...just by lengths of the suras.
As I watch the news reports out of Egypt I admit to a mixed reaction. The government, while US-friendly, isn't good. There needs to be change and it needs to happen democratically. However, terror organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood can easily use this as a way to *legitimately* gain power in the country. They're banned in Egypt for a reason and should remain so. All we can do is watch and pray...and pray, and pray, and pray, ...
1 comment:
Good for Mr. Cameron! Let's hope it can be implemented and enforced AND that it doesn't swing to the other extreme and, after conquering terrorism in England, go on to define other groups, such as Christians who are not terrorists, as extreme and outlaw them as well.
Post a Comment