
This weekend the boys decided to share a bedroom. The Boss and the Diva traded spaces so I finally get to help her go all Princess now that she doesn't have a brother rooming with her to protest. We found a bunk bed online. It's not pretty but I'll get it there.
It's totally unfinished (built by church members for the church camp dorm) and needs sanding in a major way. I plan to sand it and then stain it some weekend. Right now I'll be happy to get the thing put together. We picked it up Monday. I tried to just do the work by hand but my wrist thought it would fall off. Besides the Boss has to hold up the sections as I screw them together and doing it by hand takes longer, making it heavier. So yesterday I went and bought a cordless drill/driver, which, of course, had to charge for 12 hours before using it. That would have had me starting the project at midnight. So tonight we'll work on it.
Today I did make a lot of progress in the boys' room. There's still more to do, but at least they walk in there. I'll work more tomorrow. With the rain and temps about 30 degrees lower than yesterday it's a good time to do that. Today I enjoyed listening to a full day of Issues, Etc. while working. Then I listened to Table Talk Radio. Then I moved on to The White Horse Inn! I haven' t listened to them since we lived in Lebanon, maybe even Kuwait. And it was an excellent podcast on salvation by grace through faith. It was so timely due to a discussion on an FB group with only one other Lutheran as a member. I posted a link to the podcast on the page and told them that since I was having such luck finding links to click on that dealt with our topics to please refrain from bringing up porn. LOL
Here's some good stuff for those rainy days:
By Grace Alone Through Faith Alone
The Pelagian Captivity of the Church
Gift?
No comments:
Post a Comment