I know it's been an incredibly long time since my last post. We're getting to the home stretch of starting our business. We purchased another trailer, equipped with more than the last one came with, and have been cleaning it like crazy. We have things together waiting to be filed once we have the inspection completed. We just need her report, sign the agreement for the location we found, and get the food. We plan to have a practice run with friends and neighbors too.
A few weeks ago we got a bunch meat from a cow our neighbor gave us. Talk about yummy! The hens and ducks are doing their jobs very diligently. My shopping list keeps getting smaller and smaller. Next I'd like to find some meat chickens to just raise for food. And rabbits. Maybe. With the money we're saving I'd like to start getting our bacon and other pork products from a farmer's market.
Well, I'm off to mail some stuff and then do the grocery shopping. Then home to sick on a sick kid and clean and do laundry. The weather has been great and the clean clothes and bedding smell wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment