Friday, January 30, 2015

Today's Musings

This pretty much sums it up.

I really enjoy reading The Federalist. The articles are very well written and I would hate to get into a debate with any of the writers because I would lose and I'm a sore loser. Mollie Ziegler Hemmingway is my favorite so far and I love listening to her on Issues, Etc. as well. She tells it like it is and she does her homework.

The writer of the article linked to above did a very good job of putting into words my opinion of feminism as it manifests itself these days. I believe in equal pay for equal work; I believe gender is a sorry excuse for deciding whether or not someone will be good at a job; I believe that men who assume a successful woman must be sleeping around to get that far in her career are the biggest idiots who ever walked the face of the earth. And don't get me started on the jerks who refuse to work for a woman because she's ... a woman!

However, most of my opinions would also get me in trouble with today's feminists...because I'm a big fan of personal accountability and making good choices, and natural consequences. Something too many of the more obnoxiously vocal feminists in our country aren't.

No comments: