Saturday, April 5, 2008

She's on her way!

The new maid will be here Monday! Yeah! I'm glad she's coming during my break so I can be here to show her where everything is and help her get used to where things are. I'm looking forward to meeting her. She's a widow with 2 children who'll be staying with family. Worlds away already from the last one we had. This one won't be trying to find a rich American to latch onto. Yes!

Today we had friends over. I made a cream cheese pound cake and then found out they're still fasting. They're Orthodox and their Easter isn't until Sunday. So we had cake for desert. I'll have to have them over again after Easter to try this cake. Hopefully this time I can figure out how to bake it so that it's not too done on the outside while trying to get it to pass the toothpick test. LOL But it was yummy anyway.

I'm looking forward to a week at home with extra time to study the Bible...maybe even dive into the Augburg Confession again. I'm almost done reading the book about it and now I want to go back and read the scripture and do the study part of it. Then I plan to tackle the Large Catechism.

God bless!

5 comments:

Rita Loca said...

The cake sounds divine!

Thursday's Child said...

It is! Yum!

Sharon said...

Are you willing to share the cake recipe? It sounds delicious! :)

Unashamed said...

I'm wading through the Book of Concord at the moment. Not exactly light reading, is it? :)

Thursday's Child said...

I'll take your word for it. I don't even own it...yet. (What kind of a Lutheran am I?!) But I do plan to buy it at some point unless I can read it online.