
Last week the twins were under the weather. One thing I like over here is that I can go to the Ministry clinic for our area, pay one dinar, and see the doctor, gets tests, medications, etc. It's very handy and very affordable. One thing I've noticed about the Little Prince is that he often has a tummy ache. Even when there's nothing else bothering him he complains of a tummy ache. Of course a lot of the time it's when he's supposed to be eating something that doesn't get him too excited, but it also pops up other times. For one dinar there's no reason to let it go, right? But you have to go to the right clinic for your area. When we first moved to the area where we live we had to continue to go to another area because our IDs still had the old area on them. A major pain in the neck, to be sure, since it's in the middle of "restaurant row".
Last week when he was at the clinic I mentioned the frequent tummy aches to the doctor. She wrote a referral to the hospital lab for a CBC and a stool sample. The lab is only open to patients from the clinics from 7-12 Sunday through Thursday so that requires Baba to be responsible for that.
This Sunday Baba took him to take care of the tests. Unfortunately I had the Prince's civil ID with me since I was the last person to take him to the clinic. Baba's ID was at my school since they're in the process of transferring my residency. So without the "proof" of where we live they wouldn't do the tests. (You remember one of those was a stool sample, right?) Now explain to me how a wealthy country, with technology out the ear, doesn't have a computer system that allows someone to just take your ID number (which is also on your insurance card and your driver's license), enter it in the computer, and see that, Oh, yes, you do live in the right area! Duh! (But you also have to realize that when a friend of mine was in an accident and she went to the police station to file the report, they were handwriting all the forms in triplicate!)
So yesterday they go back to the clinic with their 2nd sample and got the tests done. The Little Prince was a very good boy. He described what they did to his arm and how they got blood. He also told me about the most important part of the trip. He got candy! Whoohoo! Bravo, my brave Little Prince!
I just realized that I've posted about the Little Prince a couple of times lately but not the Boss or the Diva. I'll have to do something about that soon.
2 comments:
Your comment has given me some food for thought. I am considering making some changes at my blog in regards to politics.
I'm glad everything finally went well...
While we love those in our lives very strongly, sometimes one has our attention more than the others because of something that is going on in their lives. So don't feel too guilty about writing a lot about the Little Prince. The others will have their turn in the natural course of things.
Post a Comment