Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yeah!

I got a job! And I'm online at home! It's been a pretty good week.

The job is part-time but there's the possibility they could decide it needs to be full-time depending upon the class schedule they work out. It's one of the few schools here that is integrated...special ed students and so-called "normal" students. I met a bunch of people today and got a good feeling. I'll have some difficult students and some wonderful students and everything in-between. I'll definitely be earning my money. ;)

So, internet, new job, and a church we like. The church is looking into getting a translation system which should help a lot. It's a good thing. My only complaint (other than it's not Lutheran...LOL) is that there seems to be an interest in the Purpose Driven Drivel. Hopefully it'll just be a passing fling and they'll get back on track. I'm too new to feel like making waves but not to express my honest opinion if asked. (Yep, I'm Grandma's little girl.)

Well, it's getting time to get the Peanuts to bed and tidy up things to get ready to head to work tomorrow. Other than setting my alarm way too early I'm looking forward to it. I'm just having a bit of trouble dragging myself away from my laptop. I need to start downloading Issues, Etc. and The God Whisperers so I feel like I'm still on my computer while giving them their showers. LOL

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations! Happy for you. I just got a part-time job, too, in the library at my son's Christian college where I can see him every day (he is lonely, since his roommate and other best friend didn't come back to school), in a Christian College environment, working for a nice lady I have known for many years. Just mornings -- so home early in afternoon.

Thursday's Child said...

Mabrook, Mary!