I've loved Francine Rivers' books since I first started reading them years ago. The first book I read of hers was the first of 3 novels set in Rome. I made the mistake of checking out the first book and leaving the other two on the shelf. Big mistake. Big, big mistake. Huge! NEVER check out only one book in a series written by her. Ever!
I finished that book around 11 at night and if not for the first chapter of book of two at the end of it I would never have gotten to sleep. We were homeschooling the Boss at the time. I had to remind myself that his lessons came first and just had to hope no one had checked either of the other books out yet. I went to start breakfast and saw we were out of milk. Since we live on a farm between 2 towns it made no sense to go to the store and then back again to the library after lessons so I combined my errands. After English was over I started the book while Baba worked on math with him. I stopped to fixed lunch and continued reading while the guys napped. I stopped to fix supper and then read while watching cartoons with the Boss that night. I moved to the bedroom after he went to bed and finished around 2 a.m., shortly before Baba returned from working, where he was closing. I started the third book the next day.
Friday night I started Her Mother's Hope while the Boss had taekwondo. Since it was Friday he had another class after the advanced class so I had lots of time to read. I continued yesterday afternoon and evening. I just finished the book a little bit ago. I've never cried so much while reading a book in my life. It's beautiful. Like that book I read years ago it ended where I wish it hadn't. But I've just put Her Daughter's Dream on hold and there are now 2 holds on the first of 14 copies returned. Two of them are due back this week so I'm hopeful. Meanwhile I've got some other good ones to read. Have I mentioned how I enjoy being back in the land of librairies?
No comments:
Post a Comment