Thursday, May 26, 2011

{cough, cough, sniffle, cough}

Pretty much sums up my life the last couple of weeks. Oh, wait, I forgot ring, ring...in the ears that is.

A week ago yesterday I went to the doctor after a few days of bad congestion and shortness of breath. I was put on meds and did start to feel a bit better but as of Monday I still wasn't over it. So he put me on antibiotics and my ears almost immediately started bothering me. And I'm still feeling pretty much the way I was before. So I'm waiting for a call back from the nurse to see what to do next. I should probably wait until the meds he gave me Monday are done but that would be the weekend. So I'll talk to her and see what I should do.

The kids had their last day of school yesterday. They're thrilled. I got to pick them up during a thunderstorm. Well, I picked up the Boss during one anyway. It was starting to rain as I picked up the Peanuts and by the time I drove to the neighboring lot to get the Boss it was pouring. He had to wait until the hail stopped to come out to the car so the Peanuts and I sat in a shaking truck and watched a HUGE bolt of lightning strike in the distance. After he got in the car (the Boss, not the bolt) we headed out. By the time we were parallel with the high school (other end of the middle school where I'd picked him up) the rain had stopped and the sun was out. Gotta love living here!

It's still cloudy and drizzly today so we're hanging out in the house. That's about all I feel like doing anyway but the kids have been arguing. I made them turn off the PS2 since they were fighting and clean their rooms. I don't think they finished but they're not fighting anyway.

Summer school starts on Tuesday. Only the Little Prince wants to stay home with me. That's fine. I'm not a big fan of summer school unless it's needed for grades. I did put the Boss in when we were homeschooling but that was for fun and to meet other kids. I wouldn't have suggested it except he wanted to and so did the Diva. But the Little Prince is going to be home with me. But I enrolled him anyway just in case after a few days he decides he's bored with me and his sister is having too much fun without him.

I got the Peanuts' report cards by e-mail yesterday (the Boss's will be available next week) and loved what I saw. The Little Prince has improved so much this year and his grades were terrific. The Diva kept up her usual wonderful work. I just want to share the comments with you.

The Diva: It has been an enjoyable experience teaching (the Diva) this year. She is such a sweet young lady and I am going to miss her so much. I know 2nd grade will be a very positive experience for her, but I do hope she stops in and gives me a hug every now and then!

The Little Prince: I can not say enough good things about (the Little Prince), but I'll pick a few choice things to say. First, I'm so proud of his reading and writing! With Mrs. E and myself after him the poor kid didn't stand a chance. I hope he'll have many opportunities to go to the library to continue this literary journey. Next, what a mathematician! Let him help you add money at the store, figure the area of the outbuilding, begin simple multiplication. He is a smart boy! Look at maps together. Find ones of the city, county or state and let him be your "guide" to get there. The KY3 storm team map is another idea, and you can reinforce weather concepts such as cloud formations, reading temperatures, noting sunrise/set and directions. There's many fun things to do in the summer, but I know most importantly having the family united is priority. I would feel the same way! Are you going to travel overseas this summer? Thank you for sharing your little boy with me, and God bless you all.

My kids have had the best teachers this year. I've loved having teachers that don't hesitate to let me know if there's a concern about anything at all. What a blessing to be in a small town where the teachers really get to know your kids and let their values rub off on them.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I had antibiotics for a bad ear infection (my face and gums were swollen and I couldn't eat because it made my teeth hurt so badly), but now I have a bad ringing in the ears, too.