Sunday, May 8, 2011

A good day

The weather finally seems to have gotten its act together. For the last week, with only 1 or 2 exceptions, I've been able to hang laundry on my new clothesline. They smell wonderful, dried in the sun and wind. The windows have been open and the dog has been in heaven. I caught him one day standing in the middle of the living room, where 3 windows were open, with his nose in the air and sniffing to his little heart's content.

This morning the Boss fixed me breakfast in bed. Since my 4-legged child was in bed with me we moved it to the kitchen table. He fixed scrambled eggs, sliced apple, 2 Clementines, and fresh-squeezed juice from a couple more oranges. Then brunch was served to the moms of the church by the men. The kids had subs in Sunday school...the men who weren't serving brunch. The service, as usual, was wonderful and Communion was just what I needed...so nice after months of not receiving it.

As you can see from the sidebar, I'm reading The Flipside of Feminism by Suzanne Venker and Phyllis Schlafly. These two women have been successful in their careers without needing to pull out the victim card to do it. For quite a while now I've been uncomfortable with the rhetoric from the left, and some from the right, who are so heavily influenced by feminism. Guess what? We don't need NOW or ERA to get equal pay. We just need to contact the EOCC if we're not getting it. Oh, and when they try to get you upset with the *fact* that women aren't making as much as men, it's not because employers are treating women unfairly. It's because women aren't going after the high-power, high-salary jobs at the same rate as men. Also, some women are working part-time. You don't make as much that way as a someone (male or female) whose working full-time. They just leave that unimportant and distracting detail out. Along with way too many other details.

I've been knee-deep in knitting projects for Mother's Day and the Peanuts' teachers for the end of school. I'd make stuff for the Boss's teachers but he has too many of them. LOL Besides I'm too depressed...he has freshman orientation next week. NO!!!

I had an MRI on Friday to find out what's causing the pain in my ankle and I get the results tomorrow. My laptop is making me want to spit! It keeps shutting off on me. I'm going to have to bite the bullet, I'm afraid, and pay to have it looked at. At least the cost of the *looking* applies to the cost of repairs. Just hope it applies to the cost of a refurbished one if that's the better way to go. {sigh}

Well, I'm off to finish some work in the Peanuts' room and then get some knitting done. We're on season 6 of McLeod's Daughters. Oh, need to go put season 7 on hold.

No comments: