Tomorrow is church. I'm so tempted to do some shopping tomorrow but I have procrastinated and haven't done any menu planning. So, after lunch it's off to buy a Sunday paper and cut coupons. I'm not real big on it. I do combine them with good sales, but if I can't and I really need something, I stick with the store brand. Much cheaper. I've stocked up on a few things, but thanks to Calico Prairie's blog I'm wanting to try some of the homemade detergents, etc. I wanted to overseas but could never find Borax or Fels Naptha. The latter was optional since I found recipes where you could just use a good bar soap, but the Borax and/or washing soda were essential and nonexistent.
Today for lunch (and for supper leftovers) we had Potato Kibbi. It was so delicious! Yesterday it was mjadra only I browned the onions in bacon grease instead of oil. It was really good. The Peanuts wanted seconds. I still don't know how I'm managing to burn the lentils though. I honestly didn't have this problem overseas with the gas stoves. I know it made it here before the big move 6 years ago, but I'm sure I didn't have a problem with burning it. Boiling over, yes, but not burning. Hmmm...got to figure this one out.
Well, it's late and we have church tomorrow. It's our new pastor's first sermon at our church and I want to be awake for it. LOL I've already spoken to the Peanuts about letting me listen tomorrow. Last week the Little Prince was playing with the cars in the kids' bags in the narthex. He wasn't really being so loud but the bit of noise was distracting to me as I tried to listen. So I reminded him today that he could only play with them during Communion when there's no preaching or other things to listen to. The organ is playing, drowning out the little cars. Why do they put those in the bags?!
nt.
No comments:
Post a Comment