Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nice!

This evening I watched the movie "Arranged", which you see the trailer for below. It was a wonderful movie. I highly recommend it to everyone. I'd like to hear your opinions of it as well if you do watch it.

The summer is going by so fast. I'm wishing now the kids hadn't done summer school, even though they did enjoy it. School starts before we know it. {sigh} While I understand the benefit of a shorter summer break and more breaks during the year, I'm not sure I really like a shorter summer break. I'm not sure I like improvements...LOL But I do have an open mind so we'll see.

This week I bought fabric for a dress for the Diva. It's been years since I've made anything. The only times I've put my Viking to work has been to repair ripped out seams or put fake cuffs in a pair of jeans for the Little Prince. The pattern was .99 at Hobby Lobby and the fabric was on sale at JoAnn's. I also had coupons to use on the buttons and thread so I didn't pay full price for a thing! Yeah!

I cut out the pattern pieces today as well as the fabric and interfacing. I really wanted to start today but decided to wait until tomorrow. Today I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom so I got a late start on the cutting. Tomorrow I don't have any cleaning jobs planned outside of laundry and hot spots so I should be able to do most if not all of the dress. It's a simple dress, only 4 pieces to sew together, and then hem. Even if I need to rip out seams along the way it shouldn't take too long. It's pink with some glittery stuff on the right side. Very pretty. Very Diva.

No comments: