Monday, December 1, 2014

Ice, ice, baby

For the last month I've been taking a course at the community college on QuickBooks. It was a lot of fun and the ladies in the class, and the teacher, were really nice. I looked forward to it each week. The down side was it conflicted with my weekly Bible study at church. I live for that Bible study. The fellowship, the learning...I missed it so much.

This morning we had freezing rain so Bible study was cancelled. Unfortunately I was on my way there when I got the text. We live in the country and the roads weren't as bad as I expected. The kids had school so the buses weren't having much trouble. But the closer I got to the Big Town, where I expected streets to be better due to trucks and salt, they just got worse. The main drag that got me to the gym and to our business (where I was dropping stuff off for my husband) was a sheet of ice.

I made my delivery and started home. But the main drag was lines of snails trying to make their way to work (albeit at least an hour late for many of them) so I decided to check out my gym across the street. Actually the parking lot of the gym across the street. I think God must have really wanted me to work out today. Being a Lutheran I generally tend to feel hives break out when people talk like that but when you pull in, see an empty spot at the sidewalk along the side of the building, and the sidewalk is clean as a whistle...what else can you say?

I worked out, went home on almost clear roads/highways, popped a chicken in the crockpot, and spent the rest of the morning/early afternoon watching "Hamish Macbeth" while doing my Christmas knitting. I want to move to a small fishing town in Scotland.

No comments: