Wednesday night I went to Ash Wednesday service. It was held at the vicar's home and it was a very small gathering. It was wonderful and very reminiscent (sp?) of the early church I thought. Only I don't think they had cell phones going off during their meetings. LOL
We stood in a circle around the coffee table for him to come around with the ashes and then again for communion. We gave each other communion and that was very nice. I just had to make a quick trip to the bathroom to wash my hands since I'd just been wiping my nose (darned cold) and only wanted to share bread and wine and nothing else.
Starting next week we'll be having a Bible study on prayer. This will be good for me since I suffer from ADPD...Attention Deficit Prayer Disorder. I can not finish any prayer I start unless I'm reading or reciting it. If it's during the day something I pray about will remind me of something I need to do or get me started on a rant. If it's bedtime I'm fallying asleep before I'm finished. Heaven help me! I hate to blame Satan for it (he gets enough blame for things that I'm sure are actually his fault). I have this difficulty with a lot of things. It started with tuning out my dad's 2-sentence lectures. How can you lecture someone with only 2 sentences you may wonder? By repeating those 2 sentences over and over, and over, and over, ... You get the point.
Well, after tomorrow it's back to school again. I like school, love the students I have, and enjoy my fellow staff members, but my alarm goes off at 5 a.m.! I'm so NOT ready for that. We'll have 2 days off later in the month for National Day/Liberation Day and then it's a long, dry spell until spring break in April.
Yesterday was DH's birthday party. He was very surprised. We ended up beating everyone else to the restaurant so we got the tables ourselves. He figured others were joining us when the Boss kept telling him to close his eyes from the parking lot (nevermind that there are cars flying by and stairs to go up once you're inside). Then I was looking around for people who weren't there yet. He about fainted when I told the server that we'd be 17! He frantically started counting on his fingers to figure out who all was coming. LOL He had a blast. Then we brought people back over for cake and we were all up until around midnight. It was fun. I wonder what he'll do for my b-day in March? LOL
2 comments:
My birthday was Tuesday and my hubby's is next Monday. February is a good birthday month!
*Chuckling* I have the same disorder. Try praying out loud (if you are in a place where you can do so). It really helps to keep my mind from wandering.
Post a Comment