
We've had so much fun with The Boss's friend since he's been with us. He's spent 2 nights with us and we love having him here.
The other day I was chatting with Quasimodo (see below in favorite website) and she'd asked if it was safe to have the nanny/maid sleep in the same room as the twins. We'd never really thought about it but I don't care for it because having 3 beds in there is just too cramped. They have the largest bedroom and there's less than a foot between each bed the way we have them. Anyway, DH was checking something online while Quasi and I were chatting and when she answered and the computer chimed he brought her box back up so I could answer her. He read her questions and the next day he said he wanted to empty the pantry and turn it back into a maid's room so she could have some privacy. LOL Yeah, right. Anyway, the tiny cramped maid's room is going to be a maid's room again. He's going to make her a bed that will have to be narrow to open the door but at least it will be the length of the longest wall (6 ft.). It'll have to be very narrow but it'll be comfy at least. He'll find a way of cutting down a mattress or something from our friend who refurbishes old furniture into really nice stuff. (Our house is filled with it. He does great work.) It's tiny but she'll have privacy. And the twins will have room to play! :)
So, we started that project yesterday and I didn't know we had so much in that tiny room! We moved the shelf into the kitchen and removed the bottom shelp so it could go over the propane tanks next to the stove. Then there are some cabinets DH brought home and they're stacked next to it and they hold the appliances and other things not used daily but fairly regularly. The food processor, juicer, blender, and electric tea kettle are on top since they're used more than the others. (I did good picking out that juicer for DH's birthday.)
I was stuck with finding a place for DH's tool boxes since he got called into work again so I thought under our bed. But, of course, they're too tall so one is on top of the closet and the other behind the door. Not my first choice. Other odds and ends are under the bed but he'll have to find a place for those. I don't want to be moving them to sweep under the bed and I doubt the lady from Sri Lanka will want to mess with them either. Just slows you down when you're trying to get something done.
We're getting rid of the ugly, crummy pots and pans he got at Friday Market last year along with a few others we bought that were just too cheap for words. I asked the man at the bakala downstairs to tell our guard that we have them. I would throw them away but I'd rather make them available to anyone who needs them but doesn't have the money to go buy some. If he doesn't know anyone I may ask him to ask the imam at the little mosque next to us. He'd surely be likely to know of someone. There are a lot of labourers around who'd surely make good use of them.
1 comment:
Sounds like a good idea!
Post a Comment