Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Grandma's 100!!!


My family had a party at church on Sunday afternoon to celebrate Grandma's 100th birthday. They wrote a story about her in the local newspaper and had the story about her on 2 local TV stations. So the only thing left now is an appearance on my blog! LOL
(If the 2nd one doesn't take you to her story, type in Esther Carlson.)
My grandmother was superwoman before anyone thought they needed to call a woman that for being able to get it all done. She was married to a Lutheran pastor, had 4 children (her only daughter died at the age of 2), worked as a nurse, nursing teacher, and head of the newborn nursery at a local hospital. Grandpa hated store bought bread (impossible to get it fresh enough) so she baked all their bread, made cinnamon rolls, Swedish rusks, cooked everything pretty much from scratch. She's the one who taught me how to knit, gave me my love for Scripture and studying God's Word, and if I could end up being half the woman she is, I'll be well-satisfied.
I love you, Grandma!

1 comment:

Rita Loca said...

What an inspiration, thank you so much for sharing this with us. I am going to have my 17 year old daughter read this. She will be starting nursing school next year and would also like to marry a minister. Maybe she will live to be 100!