Sunday is Reformation Day. I don't know if it will be observed or even mentioned in our congregation here. I'm curious to find out. However, thanks to Issues, Etc. I can enjoy loads of wonderful teaching on the subject. You've probably already noticed the video and the Lutran Air joke as well. I'm going to start getting a bit more serious now...but I'll still post a Lutheran joke if it's really good. ;) (Like, how many Lutherans does it take to change a light bulb? 10. One to change the bulb and 9 to stand around talking about how much they liked the old one.)
Every so often Issues, Etc. teaches us how to know if a sermon is preaching Christ or just "Christian living". This week the sermon that was used is a Reformation sermon. It's excellent! I just had to share it with you. Unfortunately I can't get it to embed. I've asked another blogger who I noticed successfully did it and followed his directions, but it still wouldn't work. Alas, I'll have to do it the old-fashioned way. Fortunately you won't have to scroll down too far to find it.
The name of the broadcast is A Reformation Sermon Preached by Rev. Don Matzat . It's from Monday's broadcast so it's a short scroll.
On a non-Reformation note...I think winter is coming. The temps are still in the 80's (although I think tomorrow should be in the high 70's) but it's raining! That means winter's on the way! I wish I'd had the camera on the way to the Boss's taekwondo training. The woman in the car next to me on the flooded street was snapping pics. I tried on my mobile but they just don't turn out well and I can't load them onto my computer anyway. I don't pick him up until 6 (another 40 minutes) and it's already dark. I got a couple from my bedroom window but they just don't say flood like pics taken from a flooded street do.
You see, there's no drainage on Kuwaiti streets. It would be totally useless anyway because they would just fill with sand and then where would the water go anyway? So every time it comes a decent shower you get flooded streets. Up to the bottom of the car flooded. The only time you see Kuwaitis happy to drive slow is when it's raining. For the most part. Except for this one guy who did a couple of 360's in the intersection on the way home from school. {sigh}
Anyway, here are the pics from my window. It was getting dark so I messed with the exposure. If I can get some good flooded street ones later I'll post them too.


2 comments:
Malik...I'm sorry I rejected your comments. But they didn't come through in any particular script. If you want to comment again in English I'd probably be happy to post them. :D
Our church celebrated last Sunday. Our Pastor wrote a dialogue that he and two other men in the congregation read and acted out. It was really good. Unusual for our little church.
Becky K.
Post a Comment