Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Light haze my foot!

Today I had an appointment to get my hair colored.

I took the kids to school and it was really dusty. Last spring was bad for dust storms because of the lower than normal rainfall last winter. This winter it's barely rained at all. On one good downpour very early in the season and that's it. The rest of the rain is been more drizzle at very inconvenient times. I have a girl with very bad asthma in my class. She already misses 1-2 days of school a week, sometimes more. I may never see the poor little thing again!

I had a little less than an hour after getting home this morning before I had to leave for Y's house for

my appointment so I checked mail, etc. I thought I'd pay a visit to my regular weather place to check out what they were saying about it. Light haze. Yep, that's right, light haze. Does this look like light haze to you?!




















































I took these pics on the way home. It was worse leaving than arriving. As I drove down the 30 I thought I'd snap a quick pic for you to see. Then I noticed
it getting worse. Then worse. So 3 pics on the way home.

I've also included a pic of the floor downstairs. The harees in our building takes excellent care of the place. Every few days the floor gets mopped to keep the dust down. He must really hate this time of year.



















Driving in a dust storm is interesting. You get the traffic and visibility of a snowstorm but with much better traction. I'd much rather drive in this, thank you. Not as pretty to look at once you're home though.

Well, was it worth it? Oh, yes!






6 comments:

Nicole said...

That is insane! I would never be able to live there with my asthma. I feel terrible for that little girl :o(

Elephantschild said...

I can't even begin the imagine the havoc wrecked on your cars' paint and windshield after driving thru even a few dust storms like that!

Heidi said...

Not to mention the bare skin EC! Talk about an exfoliant!!!

That is funny they call that a light haze... guess dust isn't considered. Perhaps it's dust + a light haze?

I was hit by one in Arizona at the start of monsoon season a couple years ago. I barely made it from the community pool to my grandpa's trailer before the serious black dust hit me. The pre-dust was harsh enough.

Jen said...

Oh wow...that is insane!

Rita Loca said...

No thanks. Asthma must be chronic there!

Mike Baker said...

It looks like Tikrit a couple days ago. :P