I'm reading a very good book right now. It's Al-Qaeda: The True Story of Radical Islam by Jason Burke. A friend recommended it. She'd borrowed it from our pastor so I asked him for a loan as well. It gives such good information on Middle Eastern/Islamic culture. I highly recommend it. Even with all the activity this weekend I've still managed to put a pretty big dent in it. I read while the Peanuts watch cartoons, while I sit at Dominos waiting for our pizza. It's hard to put down.
This weekend has been pretty full. The Boss had invited a friend to sleep over but his family had a lot of stuff going on this weekend so it didn't work out. Luckily another friend called soon after and invited him to sleep over Thursday night. Then an American friend of his who was in his class a couple of years ago and showed up on our doorstep last weekend (he's visiting his dad for a month) came over yesterday afternoon and spent last night with us. He brought a really good movie that we all enjoyed watching. The Peanuts' reactions to different things in the movie were so cute.
Today we're just hanging around the house, working on phonics and word families with the Peanuts, Baba and the boss worked on grammar (maybe not such a good idea...the Little Prince selled his watch?). Now we're getting ready to eat lunch and then I'm cross stitching to Issues, Etc. I didn't get to listen yesterday so I need my fix.
Have a nice weekend!
1 comment:
When I first heard about that book, a year or so ago, I decided to read it. Guess what? I still haven't read it! Thanks for the reminder so I can add it to my ever growing list.
Loved this post and the glimpse it gave me into your busy lives!
Post a Comment