Whoohoo!
I'm over my head cold. Yeah! The kids are through with school. Yeah! I only have a couple of days left with students and then, except for the day of their promotion next week, it's student-free. Yeah! The end is in sight.
This last school year has gone by so fast. I loved my girls. I have to brag on one of them though (even though I could really brag on all of them). Keep in mind that she is NOT a native speaker (only one of them was). On her last reading fluency test she read 162 wpm! No mistakes. Zip. Nada. Zilch. She reads as if books are water and she's stuck in the desert. OK, she literally is in a desert, but you know what I mean. I will miss this girl. At the beginning of the year she used to say "God bless you, Ms ..." as she would leave with her dad. {sigh} I want to adopt her.
It's before school and I'm sitting here looking at my empty classroom. It's looking even more empty because things are coming off the walls to be packed away. Materials have to be divided between what stays with this class name, what is mine but stays here, and what is mine but stays in the apartment over the summer so I don't have to risk it being misplaced this summer while rooms are cleaned and painted. I hate packing. Ugh! Luckily I have a good TA who helps and makes it go much more smoothly. I'm really stupid...I've bragged so much about her that I'll probably lose her next year to someone *they* feel needs the help more than I do. I need to learn to keep my big stupid mouth shut.
Well, I'm off to tackle some packing. Have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment