Sunday, June 14, 2009

Last week of school!

It's getting closer and closer! It's the last week of school and after the girls have their promotion tomorrow it's downhill and basically killing time until our last day.

Last night I actually got to bed early, about 9:30. Sometime later I noticed that the Little Prince had crawled into bed with me. Aw, lovely. He's just kind of burrows into me. I love it! It was extra nice because Baba was having one of his nights where he stays up all night watching movie after movie on TV. {Maybe I'll treat myself to one of those one of these nights.}

At one point L.P. starts talking to me. He said, "I want to play "paytation" in your room." {Have I ever mentioned that he sometimes talks in his sleep? He says the cutest things.} I replied that it was the middle of the night and I wanted to go back to sleep so he could play in the morning. I rolled over and suddenly he started moaning.

At first I thought he was going to be mad at no "paytation" in the middle of the night but he called out, "I need the pan!" {The plastic mixing bowl that gets dragged out when little ones are feeling sick to their stomachs.} I shot up and said, "Quick, get to the bathroom". Luckily we have a master bath so it's just a few short steps away from the bed.

He sat up but that's as far as he got. Luckily it ended up on Baba's side of the bed...it's not like he was using it anyway. So I got up and cleaned things up, changed the sheets, got towels for him to sleep on in case of another emergency, and he was asleep as soon as his precious little head hit the pillow. I, on the other hand, was awake for the next few hours! Have I ever mentioned my alarm goes off at 5? {sigh}

I was almost ready to join Baba in front of the TV but I was too tired. I finally made it back to sleep but it sure felt short when that alarm went off.

But, only 4 more days then the weekend, and then one last alarm to wake us up to go to the airport. I can make it, I think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a safe trip!
I love those sketches of Jesus and the children such as you've chosen to put on your left side bar!

Anonymous said...

Aww poor little guy! Hope he is feeling better!

Praise God for the last week of school! :D