Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thanksgiving



Sunday our church celebrated Thanksgiving with a wonderful lunch at the evangelical center up the mountain from us. It was a beautiful setting and the food was delicious. It was traditional Lebanese food with turkey and rice made like I make chicken and rice, but with cloves, I think.

It was nice to have the chance to visit some friends that I usually only see for a few minutes on Sunday morning and just relax over some good food. The kids also had a blast running around the grounds. It was nice for me to let them run around and not worry about keeping an eye on them the whole time. They were with friends and they were safe.

Yesterday was my short day. I love that about Mondays. It kind of makes up for having to head back to work with the 5 a.m. alarm. I come home and work in my zone for that week. This week was the kitchen but I never got to it. I spent the whole time folding laundry that I'd let pile up. {sigh} I decided to listen to a sermon recommended by a friend of mine. When I saw the title I knew better than to have very high expectations. I listened to about 5-10 minutes and got indigestion so switched over to Pr. C's sermons instead. He's one of the hosts of one of my favorite podcasts, The God Whisperers. I had time to listen to 2 sermons and after listening to part of a sermon that was about me instead of Christ, this was music to my ears. The sermon was about Christ! Can you believe it?!

Maybe I need to let my laundry pile up more often.







1 comment:

Ella said...

Sounds like you had an incredible time with ou Church family on Sunday. Love the pictures.

Hugs, GG