For supper tonight is Shourabit Djaj (Chicken Soup).
1/2 chicken, cut up
10 c. water
1 c. rice (rinsed and drained)
salt, pepper, and cinnamon to taste
Wash and clean chicken pieces and place in large saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off the foam. Cover and cook over medium heat for 60 minutes.
Remove chicken from the liquid and debone. Return the chicken to the liquid with the rice, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Cook for another 25 minutes or so.
You can also toast some rounds of pita bread in the oven for a few minutes to make them crisp and break them into the soup. (Unless of course you used the last of the bread for sandwiches for lunch, in which case you just do without.) LOL
3 comments:
Sounds yummy! I'll have to give it a try. Is your rice long or short grained type? I'm guessing long, but I shouldn't rely on my guesswork!
What beautiful views!!!
Blessings, GG
I think it's long grain. I use brown rice and look for rice that looks to be good quality. There are a couple of brands here whose brown rice is really awful and doesn't cook up well at all.
Post a Comment