There's one English-language newspaper here that I can read online. There may be others but I haven't found them. I checked out Jihad Watch today and found THIS article. It makes me very glad that we're heading back to the States this summer. I've had my misgivings. I'd had myself psyched up to stay here for a few years. The war in '06 wasn't too hard on us personally. Our area is Christian and other than jets overhead and the thunder-like sound of bombs in Beirut, and heavier-than-usual traffic in our summer resort area, life was pretty much as usual. However, from what I've been hearing lately, if there's a repeat it could get ugly.
I checked out Monday Morning, a weekly periodical. HERE is an article where a former president is interviewed and has some interesting comments to make about the so-called "resistance", a.k.a. the main trouble makers in this country. While I have no particular love or admiration of the "Christian" party in the majority, this would be yet another reason for me not to add orange to my wardrobe.
After reading these articles I decided to check out the Daily Star and the only article I could find mentioning Israel was THIS one. OK, the goats are important and obviously private property and Israel has no business touching them, however, this is more news worthy? {sigh}
No comments:
Post a Comment