
The four-legged ones, that is.
We're looking for a new home for our dog and it looks like we've found one. She had a sleepover Thursday night to see if she'd get along with their little dog. After figuring out how to get the little one over her jealousy the two got along great. But they took her for a run Friday morning. Not a bad idea, she needs the exercise, but then she had trouble walking later on.
The cat hasn't been eating or drinking for a few days. I made an appointment with the vet for yesterday afternoon. I got a call from K to come and get the dog because she was really worried about her. So I went to pick her up so I could take them together. When she walked out the door she could barely stay on her feet. So off we went.
Good news is that while she's still in a lot of pain, it's inflammation that's causing it. She's not sick, just on an anti-inflammatory drug to bring it down and has started glucosamine. She had an injection yesterday that helped a lot but today she's miserable. Barely can walk. But I figure after the first few days the swelling will go down and she'll feel better. Then we can work on moving her to her new home. They do want her...just want to get her feeling better first.
Bad news is that the cat has a tumor on her kidney. We have the option of keeping her alive until we move home in a month and a half and then getting her treatment, but since we have no idea what Baba's job situation will be (or mine) we just can't plan on being able to afford the chemo. Besides, by that time, how effective can we count on it being? So Monday I'll call the vet and arrange to put her to sleep. She's only 2 years old! But she's not eating or drinking at all, and the vitamins in molasses (gel that I give her) isn't going to cut it, I don't think. She's miserable and it kills me to watch her. I'd rather hold her while she goes to sleep for the last time than watch her suffer.
The upside to this? Neither one feels like teasing or chasing the other one so at least it's peaceful around here. At least among the four-legged babies anyway.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry you'll have to part with your lovely pets. I had to re-home a German Shepherd just like yours when my ex-husband left me. He (the dog) needed much more attention than I could give him, distraught as I was. His new owners adored him, had no children, and several acres; so it worked out well for him. For me, I still feel grief at the thought of him.
Post a Comment