Friday, May 7, 2010

Thought weekends were for relaxing

Today wasn't your typical Friday. Instead of tutoring and then cleaning, I had the Peanuts home with me. Baba sent me an sms at 1:30 this morning telling me he wanted to talk about Aunt when I got home from taking the Boss to school. So we chatted while they got ready to go with me and then we headed out to school for parent-teacher conferences. The Boss had school because it was field day. You know, one of those days where I thank God I'm not teaching there. Even though I did apply and interview and really wanted to work there. Today I'm grateful it fell through. LOL Been there, done that, and do NOT miss field day. Although it's probably worlds better than field day in q8 and all that sand.

After their conferences (they're geniuses, btw) we came home for a bit to relax and then went to the park in Bikfaya. The Peanuts played and had a blast and then we headed back to school to see the Boss swim. But he decided he didn't want to swim. Some little farts (who are really big ones) were throwing rocks and he got one in the forehead. So he decided to just hang out with his friends instead. We made plans for his best friend to come home with us and then I took the Peanuts out to lunch.

I told the man there (he's either the owner or the son of the owner) that we're moving back to the States this summer and I need to eat as much shawarma between now and the end of June as possible. He's going to get very familiar with my family in the coming weeks.

We headed back to school and got the boys. They're playing PS2 and Wii until time to head out for taekwondo. We might be bringing another friend home afterward for a sleepover. And this is only Friday. I wonder what the rest of the weekend has in store for me. Something tells me that sleep isn't on the list.

No comments: