Friday, September 10, 2010


Yesterday after school the Little Prince wasn't feeling well. Soon, he asked for a pan. Uh oh. Yep. He did. After that his tummy felt better but I still made plans for him to stay with our neighbor while the Boss, Diva, and I went to Open House. He was sick again right before we left so I knew it could be a long night for us. I enjoyed talking to the teachers last night. They love my kids!

The Little Prince's teacher said that he's so creative that he sometimes has her almost on the floor. Yep, that's my boy! The Diva has a classmate that doesn't like her. She's never encountered that before. She's always polite and nice even to the kids she doesn't like so this is a new experience for her. I noticed last night that they sit right next to each other. This could be an interesting lesson learned.

The Boss has had a good start to the year. Still needs to work on organization but has found stuff to be involved in. Go, Boss!

When we picked up the Little Prince he had been sick again about half an hour before and was running a fever. Uh oh. But he'd still felt well enough to regale S with his ideas while taking his bath. That's my boy! He crashed as soon as we got home and slept through til around 7:30.

However, around 2:30 the Diva woke me with a stomachache and clean up in the bathroom. Didn't quite make it and we didn't grab the Little Prince's pan. My bad. After another sick about an hour later she was asleep. I was really hoping the Boss would be next so I could turn off my alarm but no such luck. Got him off to school and then went back to bed. About the time I was drifting off to sleep the Peanuts woke up, glad to find out they were staying home, and were ready to play. We spent the day in front of the TV watching PBS Kids after the Diva started feeling bad again. She's not rebounding quite as quickly.

While I'm disappointed for her that she misses the chance to do a dance and some cheers at the high school football game tonight (she spent time after school doing Jr. Cheerleading), I was starting to look forward to being lazy with the kids tonight. However, it turns out I have a parent meeting for soccer tonight.

It's OK. I don't need sleep. I'm a mom. zzzzzzzz

No comments: