Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Triune God and Islam

Quite a title for this post, huh? Link

Tonight I listened to THIS podcast with Pastor Will Weedon on Issues, Etc. Before that I listened to THIS one. It was good timing. No, it was excellent timing. Earlier today I started reading The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) by Robert Spencer of Jihad Watch. It's the 3rd book of his that I've read since moving home last summer. You know the book has to be good if the praise for his work on RevivingIslam.com is, "May Allah rip out his spine from his back and split his brains in two, and then put them both back, and then do it over and over again. Amen." Seriously. I'm not kidding. The quote is right on the cover of his book.

Something I've noticed about Islam and it's scholars...the amount of their apologetic that seems to basically consist if trying to refute Christianity. So much time is spent in the Koran and other Islamic writings making points of what they do not believe. I know there's plenty out there about what they actually DO believe, but pay attention as you watch videos on YouTube or read articles by Muslims. It's not just my imagination.

While you're at it, regardless of your denomination, be sure you know what you believe and why you believe it. Some things that Muslims claim Islam teaches can tickle the ears, especially if you're not educated about what it does teach. What I love about Spencer's books is that he gets his information on Islam straight from the source...the Koran, the Hadith, and Islamic scholars...both orthodox and more liberal-minded. Be sure if you want to traipse around in Muslim websites that you have your Christian filters firmly in place.

No comments: