Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I was only joking!

Seriously. Yesterday I spent part of the afternoon in the middle school computer lab doing stuff with the other subs to prepare for what we need to know for this year. I gave L what she needed for my file, did the training, and swam to my car. (Yes, you read that right. It was pouring down rain when it was time to leave.) I ran to the library to pick up holds and headed home to the kids.

This morning the phone rang and it was L. I figured she needed something for my file but I joked with her anyway and said, "Do you need a sub?" I mean school hasn't even started yet so it was a good joke, right? She replied, "Yes, I do need one. Are you available Thursday and Friday?" LOL So I'm subbing until noon the first 2 days of school.

I was looking forward to the first 2 days of an empty house to get some stuff done but I think I prefer to make some money instead. Besides I'll still have a few hours between when I leave school and when the kids get home so all's good. Besides, if I'm busy making some money, then I'm not out spending it, right?

No comments: