Two nights ago Baba woke up with a really bad cough. He went and got this stuff out of the medicine cabinet and tried it. It worked.
Last night I had a bad, tickling cough that was keeping me awake. (Gotta love shopping in a dust storm.) I kept drinking water but it didn't help. I asked Baba if he still had it on his nightstand and he handed it to me. He reminded me to put on socks and handed me a pair.
I swear to you...before I had the 2nd sock on my cough stopped. I could still feel the last tickle but I didn't cough any more until this morning after I was up and around.
I have no idea how on earth anyone came up with this remedy (they obviously have much more time on their hands than I do) but I'm so glad they did. Now I don't know how it works on the more "chesty" coughs but I do know it's great with the dry, tickly kind. What is it?
Ta daaaaa........
5 comments:
Oh...this stuff is a miracle drug! My grandparents and parent swear by it's magical powers!
We are NEVER without Vicks Vapor Rub!! LOL
So glad it has helped you too!
That stuff IS a miracle drug! When I was 16 I had terrible bronchial asthma from living in a damp climate and coughed all the time. I started putting that on my chest at bedtime and it cured me!!!
I have a friend who is an EMT, who must treat medical cases where the smell is terrible (I don't know exactly why) and he puts some Vicks VapoRub under his nose to kill the smell so he can do his job!
Love this stuff. I have plenty on hand at all times. Dh did the rub on his feet this past winter and is a total convert now.
Hugs, GG
Sure beats any of the folk treatments I've tried over here! Never heard of putting on the soles of your feet, but maybe there is something to the Chinese medicine concept of points in the sole of the foot corresponding to the rest of the body. Thanks for the tip!
Love Vicks, I love the vicks vapour drops that you can suck on too to ease your throat and cough, and baby vicks smells oh so lovely!
Post a Comment