Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oops!

I'm sorry. I have been a very bad blogger lately. I have all these wonderful ideas for posts running through my head but, since my mind strongly resembles a sieve, they run through and keep right on going. Not to mention I was barely home last week.

Last week I had the opportunity to attend a workshop on Applied Behavior Analysis. Even though I have no Autistic students in my class, I was told that this would benefit all of us when dealing with our students. Many of them come from very dysfunctional homes, to put it mildly.

Well, apparently someone forgot to tell the presenter this. She spent the whole time applying it to her caseload, which is mostly severely Autistic children. I got basically nothing out of it. The school paid for it, so at least we weren't out any money, but by the end of the 2nd night we were about ready to reimburse them.

The last 2 weekends the Little Prince has been sick. Now we go to Dr. K's office and he just hops right up on the table and lies down, pulling up his shirt.

The Boss is getting ready for end of year exams. He has a lot of studying to do.

The twins are getting ready for the play next week. The Little Prince is a dwarf and the Diva is a rabbit (or a racoon). Not really sure on that one. I have to miss since we're giving assessment tests to the kids at my school and we've been urged not to be absent. {sigh} Oh, well, at least I get out of recess duty next week to grade the things.

I finally have my new car back...I was leaving it home due to lack of a working fan when I turned on the a/c. Even though it's fine in the mornings without it, the afternoons were horrible with the windows down. Ever tried to cool down a dark, navy blue car after sitting in the desert sun (even though it is only May) with just open windows? Just so you know...it doesn't work!

I'm still reading the book on Al-Qaeda. It's a really good read. So much of what we think we know about them is wrong...the truth is actually scarier. How's that for reassurance? I'm just thrilled that he mentioned a city here in Q8 and I know where it is. In fact, I get stuck in it whenever I run an errand there on a weekend night. Avoid it like the plague if you don't like jammed streets.

We're renewing the kids' passports this week. I'm unimpressed with our embassy here. Give me the one in Lebanon any day. I had to renew my passport when we lived there. I went to get the paperwork. I got my pics and filled out everything and took it back on a Thursday. The man told me to come back on the following Thursday. One week, mind you. I went back on the day he told me and there it was. My new passport.

According the website for the one here, we have to allow 4-6 weeks. Are they nuts? Why are they so inefficient compared to Lebanon? We're hoping that they just say that so people don't wait until the last minute and there happens to be a delay. Hopefully we'll get the kids' passports back quickly. We'd better...we have our plane tickets. We ARE getting out of this desert in June come you know where or high water. Actually, high water would be a good thing here...high dust?

Well, I'm off to bed. I wonder what we'll hear tonight. (Newlyweds upstairs. LOL)

No comments: