
You say you have a God problem?
God isn’t the problem.
The problem is people wanting to be God.
We reintroduce God; we retrain people.
Craig Donofrio and Bill Cwirla are
The God Whisperers.
Since receiving the iPod I've discovered the wonderful world of podcasts. I have a routine. Every Sunday morning, being the Lord's Day, I listen to the previous week's podcast of The Lutheran Hour. Then on Monday morning I listen to the podcast of The White Horse Inn. Of the podcasts I'm currently listening to, I've listened to them the longest.
Then on Tuesday, if the latest episode has downloaded for the week, I listen to The God Whisperers. If you've ever heard Car Talk, you have an idea what these guys sound like...only different accents. Think of it as Car Talk for Christians. This program is an hour long so I finish on the way home. Unless I'm giving my friend a ride home. She's an atheist that has been threatened with having to listen to sermons if she tells me what's happening on LOST this season. {We prefer to rent the entire season and watch in a weekend rather than download and watch an episode at a time.} Actually, I'll probably take pity on her and let her listen to TGW instead.
If you're expecting to hear sound doctrine and a thorough discussion of theology, you won't be disappointed. If how ever you're expecting to hear a serious discussion of it...well, that would depend upon your idea of serious.
These guys have a tendancy to go off on tangents. That's probably the understatement of the millenium. They usually start off the segment by discussing what's going on in religious news. They usually get to the topic du jour sometime before the end of the first half hour. However, don't hold your breath. During their series on the Lord's Prayer they spent the first half hour of one broadcast discussing the fact that it was International Toilet Day.
Then there are the last two broadcasts, called Pot Luck editions for a reason. They're one long tangent...or probably more accurately, a series of tangents woven together into a...something.
In keeping with the flavor of the show, there is the Endless Thread on the Wittenberg Trail. We go off on worse tangents than the show does. You'll find recipes, videos, theological discussions, sports scores, jokes, Latin quotes, Shakespeare quotes, things you just won't believe. We just passed the 7,000 post mark. For each 1,000th, the winning poster gets his/her pick from the Schwag Store.
If you like theology, humor, tangents, and open day on just about anything...you'll love The God Whisperers. You can listen online, listen on Pirate Christian Radio (see the sidebar), or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
No comments:
Post a Comment