Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oh, man!

Not only are the highs for this week in the 100s, but there's no A/C in my classroom this morning. Most class rooms have it, but on our section of the hallway, we don't. The teacher across the hall has a thermometer in her room and it's reading 30C in there...about 90 degrees. There are about 5 of us without in our classrooms.

Apparently yesterday it was 51 in the morning and is probably there today. If this is what May's like I don't want to know what this summer will be. I've never been so happy to head to Lebanon in my life! No a/c and no need for it.

I've done the core of the lesson for 1st period today but now the girls are reading silently. I wonder how long we can keep that up before that's too hot an activity.

Rolling Eyes


ETA: We've spent most of the day in the auditorium...or at least the girls have. I've sat in here and graded papers that needed to get done and then I hid in a staff room on the boys' side. We're back in here for lunch and then back in the auditorium for the rest of the day. It's about 100 in our rooms now.


No comments: