Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Boss


I'm home again now. The last time I was a SAHM was when we lived here the last time. I've sure missed it. It has me thinking back to those times too.

When the Peanuts were born, Baba was working overseas. In fact he left a few weeks after we found out I was pregnant. We called him with the news after an ultrasound told us there were two. He came home for their birth and left again when they were 2 1/2 weeks old. I was home with the kids from then until we moved to Q8 3 years ago. I've missed it so much.

One of the things I loved was how the Boss would help me so much with the babies. He was always willing to give a bottle (or two) whenever I needed him to. We were homeschooling so part of it may have been the fact that it was an interruption, but even when it was TV time he was happy to.

We usually got a 2+ hour nap out of them in the morning, thanks to a couple of swings bought with a gift card from the fire department where Baba and I were volunteers (no, I wasn't a firefighter myself-LOL). It's amazing how much school you can get done in that time.

The Boss is still my helper, though they're not as agreeable as they used to be. But they still love and adore him. It's just veiled in messing up his room, arguing over PS2, etc.

Oh, the good old days!

3 comments:

Kate said...

That's so sweet, and part of the reason we want to wait a while now before having more kids. I'd love for my oldest to really remember a sibling being born and be excited about it. :o)

Jen said...

What a great little helper ya got :)

Ella said...

What a great helper. Boss had it all under control lol! So happy for you B that your home with the kids again!
Merry Christmas,
GG