The Peanuts graduated from KG last week. I've always been a bit cynical about kindergarten graduations. I mean, what have they really accomplished in one year? Granted, a lot, but still. Graduation ceremony with cap and gown? Come on!
Well, I have to say that I loved this one. They had displays from the kids' around the playground courtyard and it looked great. The kids marched onto stage and stood so politely. They took their seats after singing the national anthem and the school song and were very well behaved.
The teachers didn't just call the student's name. She said something personal about each child, something she'll remember about them. Then they went to have their picture taken with the principal and the head of section.
In the picture above you can see one of the displays. They were asked to draw a picture and write something about what they want to be when they grow up. The Little Prince said he wants to be a cook. For ages now he's been obsessed with policemen and wants to be one when he grows up. He said that it was already taken so he had to pick something else. But he loves to help in the kitchen so I could see him going in that direction as well. The Diva said she wants to be a mommy. She'll be a fantastic one too! (I guess I can't be messing them up too badly, huh?)
1 comment:
Congrats to the kids! Kindergarten graduations do seem a bit unnecessary at times, but can be so precious!!
Post a Comment