This week I haven't been on the computer much. In fact, until last night, I wasn't on at all for two days. Last night I was online because the Boss needed some help with a project but otherwise I've been computer-free since Tuesday. I was online however. My iPod has WiFi and so I was able to check mail and listen to Issues, Etc. while working around the house. I managed to finish up the Peanuts' room. I've been itching to put it to rights since the cousins were here. But I couldn't really do that until they went home. They needed drawer space and M needed a place to hang a couple of things. The first week I was back I was sick, then the kids took their turns, and it's been crazy around here trying to figure out what my routine will be and getting my substitute teaching certificate done. But this week things started to click. The twins' room looks good, the Boss's room is getting there, and I got to have lunch with a friend yesterday before she stuck me with my flu shot. The Peanuts are happy to know that they can get the FluMist at school though with the Boss's asthma he's stuck with the shot. The school is giving them for free this month. Yeah!
This week at our Bible study I was given a rather thick, compared to last week's, homework assignment. Have I started it yet? Nope. That means I'm trying to work on it this weekend with kids around. That should work well. Last Sunday it did but it was just the Peanuts playing without the Boss around to yell at them. This weekend the weather should be lovely so maybe I can kick them out of the house, I mean, send them out to play.
I also want to pick up some cheese pumpkins this year. I love homemade pumpkin pie and who can beat pumpkin puree from your own freezer? Yum!
Last weekend the Boss was helping with a sister congregation's Hispanic Heritage Festival. He worked hard and the pastor brought him up front to tell everyone how much his help was appreciated. The couple he was with told me to ask if he remembered what the sermon was about. He said, "No." Of course, it was in Spanish. He has trouble following sermons in Arabic. He barely pays attention when they're in English, come to think of it. LOL
Well, I'm off to make pizza for the kids (we're heading out to look at a pretty little Arabian mare) and I think I'll get to work on my homework assignment. Isn't it nice that my *holiness* isn't bound up in whether or not I spend the right amount of time in the Bible? Granted, the more time the better. But isn't it nice that no one's up there keeping score?
No comments:
Post a Comment