The Life and Death of Jack Kavorkian
Bloomberg Obit Tells Facts About Macabre Kavorkian
The Real Jack Kevorkian
OK, I realize now I was misspelling his name the first two links. Oops! I feel so bad...about as bad as felt for his *patients*.
This past week saw the death of Dr. Death. Somehow people got the mistaken impression that he wanted to help people die with dignity. He was full of compassion for those who were terminally ill and wanted to die on their own terms instead of being left to linger and becoming a burden to their families. I even though he had those motives as well because I, like many Americans, only heard what was shared on network news. Unfortunately for his victims, what he referred to as *patients*, that was not his intent. Listen and read the above links carefully. Those of you only know what the media shared will be shocked.
I posted the first two links on FB and an old friend went ballistic. He honestly considers Dr. Death to be a hero. He admires him for going against the status quo. He claims that I and other friends who posted in agreement with what is said in the links are using our opinions as facts while he blatantly disregards the use of Kevorkian's own words cited in the articles. He also brought the euthanizing of animals in the argument and claims to see no line of demarcation between humans and animals...and therein lies the rub.
When theory is taught as fact in classrooms from elementary through university, you run the risk of totally screwing up people's sense of our place in the world. We've gone from recognizing that we are created in God's image to thinking we're just another species of animal. We expect it from agnostics but from Christians? Christians claiming that we can't speak for God or claim to know His will? But we do know His will. We have His words, we have His Word. How can anyone claim we can't know His will? We may not know everything there is to know, but we know enough to know that killing is wrong and that truth is truth. We know what we need to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment