Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Eid Mubarak


It's the first day of Eid. There are two Eids...one that celebrates the end of Ramadan with 3 days of feasting and this one, when they do the Hajj in Mecca. We are blessed to live next door to a small mosque with a loud speaker. Makes sleeping in on the first day of Eid rather difficult. It's hard to sleep in when the man is singing a very long call to prayer (about 20 min) followed by what sounds like a sermon. So I'm up a bit earlier than planned after being up til 1 after eating out with DH last night. Luckily I have to be up anyway to go practice with a couple of girls for the church Nativity play.

Last night DH and I went to eat at Diva's. It's a restaurant similar to Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood. We discovered it 2 years ago on our first visit to see DH and it's my first time to go there. A few years ago our neighbor back home started calling our daughter the diva (well earned even as an infant) and it stuck. So we visit Kuwait and there's a restaurant called Diva's with a crown on the sign...perfect! So we've called it her restaurant ever since. I finally got to go there last night. A bit pricey but you get a huge burger and the appetizer combo, which we ordered small, was a lot of food, so it wasn't as pricey then. So we rolled out of there after dinner. LOL So since everything's closed today for Eid, we'll continue our shopping tomorrow.

I'm thinking the water heater should be ready for me to wash my hair and get ready to head out. Hopefully I can remember how to get to D's house for practice. If not, I'll be taking a scenic tour.

No comments: