It's almost break! The girls are doing review pages since there are almost half of them missing. I'm sure there will be fewer girls tomorrow. As I thumbed through my copy of The Lutheran Message I came across a story called "Stone Piles and Sand Traps" by Robert Tauber. He talks about going through his dad's things after his passing and finding stone piles. He was comparing them to the stone piles from Joshua 4:20-24 and how Israel had set up a pile of 12 stones after they crossed the Jordon River to remind them and their descendents of what God had done. He began a list of the "stone piles" he was finding in his dad's desk.
Old Bibles- Stones of sound doctrine
Journals- Stones that tell of dependence on God
Canceled checks- Stones of dedication
Old LPs- Stones of devotion and worship
Financial records- Stones of discipline
Old tapes- Stones of discipleship
He said he found no "sand trap". No porn, records of debt, broken promises, only stones.
How many of us,if our loved ones were going through our things, would be able to know that they would find only stones...not sand? I know mine would find plenty of sand (no pun intended...I know I live in Kuwait...I'm not talking literally. LOL) Looks like I have plenty to do in the new year...with help from Elizabeth George and A Woman After God's Own Heart.
It was another elementary assembly today so another time to pray the Lord's Prayer and recite The Apostle's Creed silently. A good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment