Thursday, April 8, 2010

Almost here!

Tonight, at just before midnight, the Boss will be landing. He's been gone a week and a day. I really wanted to go to the airport to meet him but with the Peanuts it's just not feasible. With the lateness of his arrival it would be too hard with them. I could take them in their pjs but there's a good chance they wouldn't want to sit still to wait (heck, I wouldn't really want to either if I forgot my Kindle) and would probably end up on the floor. The purpose of the pjs would be to carry them from the car to their bed without waking them. If said pjs are dirty from the airport I wouldn't want to put them right into bed, therefore negating the whole idea.

So... SIL is picking him up with a friend of hers, whose wanting to go out tonight to celebrate finishing up her preparation for the GRE (she took it today). They'll go out to dinner and then pick him up and the Peanuts and I will pick him up from her place after breakfast tomorrow.

He had a blast. He saw friends and hung out with his dad and made new friends. He did a LOT of swimming so I'm expecting to get a prune back instead of a boy. He won a Wii, which I'm looking forward to using. I've heard it's really good exercise.

I've had a blast myself this past week. It was great to spend this time with just the Peanuts and myself. I have to admit part of it was the lack of bickering/fighting between the Boss and the Little Prince. It was going to be the death of me if the Boss hadn't been gone this past week.

Sunday night the Peanuts had a sleepover with their aunt. I took advantage of the alone time to go see a movie all.by.myself! I went to see The Bounty Hunter and had a really good time. I think it's the perfect date movie...manly stuff for the guys that doesn't make the gals roll their eyes and just enough romance for the gals without the guys gagging.

I received a set of CDs as a birthday gift. They're by a popular woman televangelist from St. Louis. I listened to the first CD Sunday night while I had the house to myself. Going into it I already know this woman to be a false teacher. The first clue is that she left the Lutheran church to start her own ministry, which is all about sending her money so you can be *blessed*. Next there are all the news items, easy to find on the internet, about her questionable business practices, such as buying the home rented by a former employee and requiring her to be evicted. Nice, huh? So, I admit that I didn't start listening with an open mind. However, I wasn't listening to her to learn anything. I was listening to understand what my friends are listening to and believing. I wasn't disappointed. I learned nothing. In fact, there are quite a few things I could easily correct her on. There were a few times she would start to say something promising, but it would turn into a praise of her own ministry and way of living. Anyone who will come right out and say that she's not a sinner and wants her reward now instead of in heaven just isn't one to give any credence to. I still plan to listen to the other 3 after the kids head back to school. I've wanted to spend my time with them and I admit that I didn't want them hearing any of her nonsense.

OK, off my soapbox...

The Peanuts had friends over on Tuesday. When the Little Prince's friend was here we got locked out in the garden. The Diva had closed the gate, not realizing it would lock. So we called the Big Prince who kindly drove up here with his extra key to let us back in. The Diva's friend came later in the day and they had so much fun.

Yesterday was a quiet day around the house and today was grocery shopping. It wasn't too bad with two *helpers* along. After we came home and put the groceries away we went out to lunch. The Little Prince and I had shawarma and the Diva had a HUGE burger. After lunch we went to get gas and wash the car. They enjoyed watching the canaries at the gas station.

I'm thinking after picking up the Boss tomorrow, we'll come home, unpack and get laundry sorted and ready to go, and then maybe go and surprise the cousins. I haven't talked to them this week, except for chatting a bit on Yahoo. They drove us to the airport last week and are anxious to hear how his trip went. I'm anxious to try out that new Wii.

No comments: