Saturday, April 10, 2010

Home at last and I found it!

A little before midnight Thursday night the Boss sent me an sms telling me that he had landed. Then about half an hour later SIL sent me one telling me she had him and they were heading home. The next morning the Peanuts and I headed down the mountain to pick him up and bring him home.

After some time on the Wii the kids were ready to head back down to Beirut and see some family. They were staying in Achrefieh a few days and we went down there to see them. I had to drive past their house since I wasn't sure where to park and the street I thought would take us around to go back again didn't. I ended up on a not-so-scenic tour and finally found a highway I thought I recognized but it took us all the way back to Dora. That's OK though...I knew exactly where to go from there so I didn't mind repeating part of the trip. We finally made it back and found a parking space.

We stayed a few hours and then headed home for grilled cheese sandwiches with fresh strawberries for desert.

This morning we slept in and then headed down to Dora again to see "How to Train Your Dragon". It ended up not starting until 2:30 so we had about an hour to kill. We wandered around Virgin Megastore and I hit pay dirt. I've been wanting Queen Nour's autobiography for several years now but never had the money on me. I found it for less than it normally costs and I grabbed it up. Last year I started reading Dean Koontz's Frankenstein trilogy but only found books one and two. I could never find book three. Today the Little Prince wanted this one story book he found on the 35% off shelf. I wandered over to look at it and what did I see?! Book three! Whoohoo! So I snatched that one up too. I do need to read the first two books again though to refresh my memory though.

Now we're home and the homemade pizza is getting to me. It just came out a few minutes ago and I'm letting it cool off a bit before slicing. The Boss has tests next week to study for so he'll get busy on that after supper. I sent him for a haircut before it gets dark and there's a chance for rain this evening. Actually I don't know if it's for evening or later tonight but figured the earlier the better. He looks great!

I'm thinking we'll stay home tomorrow morning and let him revise for his tests. We can listen to a sermon online together during a break. But he really needs to hit the books to get him back into non-vacation mode. We're heading to SIL's for lunch. The washing machine we gave her emptied her water tank and still didn't finish after 3 hours. I couldn't help her on the phone because it's been too long since I've used it to remember what settings, etc. I used. Hopefully there's not a problem with it.

OK, the smell has gotten to me. Time to chow down on some pizza.

No comments: