Monday, April 19, 2010

It's that time of year again!


Here in Lebanon you know spring is here and summer is on it's way when you can leave the windows open all day, your laundry is dry in one day, you have less water than during the winter, and you need to start plugging in these things...that thing in the picture up there. Yes, they've arrived. The lovely mosquitoes.

The Diva and I tend to attract them the worst. Saturday night when the kids went to sleep over at their aunt's I sent them with some Off! spray and Fucicort (before and after) in case her power went out and the Vape wouldn't work. While sitting on the couch watching TV and playing on the computer at night I've been enjoying the familiar aroma. Then I go to bed and enjoy it some more.

We plug them in as soon as it starts to get dark, later if we're not home yet. It often seems that they don't do any good since we wake up with bites anyway, but if I run out and don't go buy some you can sure tell a difference. So they are doing some good.

I also have some Vape lotion for the kids and the Fucicort is good for treating the bites later. I've also been using alcohol on them when they're itching to stop the itch right away. Then put on the Fucicort if necessary.

SIL leaves this week for her next stint on the boat. Assuming, of course, that the ash cloud that's crippling airports around Europe has cleared up enough to allow them to open. So we're going to meet up with her after school and head to Kiki Monkey. Looks fun, doesn't it?

No comments: