Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gotta love the little guy

Last night the Little Prince disappeared into the kitchen a bit. I didn't think much of it at first and he did come back. We were watching "Born Free" and had the lights low so I didn't notice anything unusual. Until I went to the kitchen...

On the floor next to my trash can was something that looked like hair. You know, like the hair on the floor at a salon after you've had a trim? I thought, who did this? Then it dawned on me. The Little Prince! At least it was his own hair this time instead of his sister's. Luckily our neighbor and good friend owns a salon so I called her to see if she could squeeze him in this morning. I'm letting him sleep in so when he wakes up I'll call her to get a fix. He took chunks out of the front, the crown, and the very back/bottom. Ugh! Luckily he likes it short. Cuz it's gonna be really short for a while. {sigh}

I have my flight for my trip home! I'm taking the cousins home at the end of the month and needed a way back here. For once I'll have an international flight by myself. No one asking me to take them to the bathroom. No one giving me their leftover food (though if I'm hungry enough I might miss that-LOL). All the time to read, sleep, whatever with no interruptions. I'll miss my kids but the time cleaning/packing and then flying alone will give me a bit of a break after 2 months of 5 kids. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have 5 kids of my own, but when 2 belong to someone else and are homesick or in a bad mood, or the other 3 are feeling jealous, etc. it can be a bit much. I'm really looking forward to that flight back.

Well, I'm off to grab some breakfast and then do some tidying up before the kids are all up and messing it up again. Wonder how long it'll take them today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful none of mine have attempted to cut their own hair. And it wouldn't surprise me if they did, because I always cut everyone's hair, so they dont' really equate hair-cutting with being in a salon.

You're right--kids who aren't your own are totally different. As much as I love my cousin's kids, I cannot babysit them because they aren't allowed TV. Or computer games. Or Dairy Queen at 3 p.m. Or soda.... (I'd better stop now. :-)