Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm a lump of potatoes

I got up this morning with the intention of getting dressed and heading to the school to apply as a sub. Actually I was sleeping in with that intention. Then Baba called and reminded me that I need to check on what we can do with the kids' tickets and to check into flights for me to get back home after taking the cousins home. So I got up, started the coffee, and made my first phone call.

After a couple of hours of surfing online while waiting on hold (and a short stint of reading while waiting on hold after the cordless phone's battery gave out and I was stuck in the bedroom) I was too attached to my FB account and messing around online. I think I may be an internet bulimic. Is there such a thing? I'm so gorged right now with internet "stuff" that I just want to get offline and do something, anything, else but I can't make myself stop typing and clicking. It's disgusting. You'd think this laptop was made of a certain Italian restaurant chain's breadsticks or something. At least there I can eat them with a nice salad, but nothing salad-like with this internet thing.

On the good side I've checked out a few blogs that I've missed the last couple of months and a few I'd added to my bookmarks before leaving and had forgotten about. That's been nice. Also found an author's website and blog that I'd missed reading. Another nice thing.

I did manage to make a nice, healthy lunch today and wash a load of laundry (still needs to go in the dryer) and do a load of dishes. So I'm not totally mush today. To get us out of the house today we'll go get some pizza and I'll pick up a few things at the supermarket. Or maybe just go to the market alone and do something cheaper. Or maybe go knock a couple of heads into unconsciousness and save even more. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand that feeling of being a lump in front of this thing! Breadsticks, indeed! :)