Saturday, August 28, 2010

I did it!

I finally got the pantry cleaned out and organized. Thanks to the Boss for some help with pulling everything out and helping to clean the shelves. I think I'm done. I won't know for certain until I start to pull things out to use them and then put them back after cleaning.That's when you know how good a job you've done.

I've found a great blog, The Healthy Home Economist, and am getting some good tips for cooking healthy. I don't know that I'll use all organic like she does due to budget constraints, or that I'll be able to incorporate as much as I'd like into our routine, for the same reasons, but she's got me all excited about changing our eating habits. Of course, this is just in time for me to leave the country for a few days. But when I get back I'll be alone during the day, have two less picky eaters, and a real need to recover from the expenses of this past summer with some good, made-at-home, healthy food and school lunches for the family.

Off to watch a video on healthy french fries. Yum!

No comments: