Monday, January 3, 2011

Hey! I made it here again.

Didn't think I'd get another chance so soon but Baba is out running errands so I had a break in projects. Well, actually one is waiting for me to get to work on it again but I'll get to it in a bit.

We now have 4 dogs. We've lost one of our cats (NOT due to one of our dogs, btw) so we actually up 1 pet. We have the two puppies who won't be puppies much longer. New Year's Eve we had the girl show up. She's a older Chocolate Lab who is as sweet as can be. She's good with the kids and doesn't put up with any nonsense from the puppies. Wish she'd shown up a few months ago. LOL She does keep looking down the road...probably where she was dumped. She's so beautiful and well-behaved I can't imagine anyone wanting to dump her like that. But I'm glad they did it where they did.

The other new family member is a beautiful Pit Bull. Before you start having heart attacks, let me say that if he were any more laid back he'd be horizontal. In fact, that's how he spends much of his time...horizontal. He's wonderful with the kids. The Peanuts hang on him and give him hugs and kisses. He has a stuffed blue elephant that he takes very good care of and he's easier to sleep with than the kids are. He only changed position once during the night. Yes, he sleeps with Baba and me. You think I'm going to tell a PB he can't sleep where he wants?! LOL Actually he minds well when I tell him to get off the furniture so sleeping with us is an easy reward. No snoring. No tooting. Just laid on me to stretch after the alarm went off.

He's definitely a ladies' man. Not to mention a good dog for cuddling with. Probably should have named him Cuddles. Or Snuggles. But that would probably have been a bit embarrassing for PB. Even one as loving as he is.

1 comment:

Laurie M. said...

I have a pitbull. They don't deserve the bad reputation. My girl is a bit rowdy, but she's never bitten a soul, not even a nip. When our smaller dogs, and our cats pick fights with her, she is the one that ends up bloody. And she raised two of our kittens, treating them with such mommy tenderness....